The Julie Peierls Scholarship
A $1,000 scholarship will be given to a Long Island high school senior who plans to pursue a career in the
professional theatre and will be continuing his/her education in college majoring in Theatre or Musical Theatre. Students will be required to submit an application ( available at theatrethree.com) and participate in an audition and an interview.
Click for more information
Application Deadline: June 1, 2021
Elias Foundation Inc. Scholarship
Scholarships (no more than one per District) will be given to students from the East End Towns High Schools. The completed application, a letter from a school official and an essay by the student focusing on their mental health challenges while attending school are required. Suggested topics for the essay include:
Describe how you overcame the adversity caused by your disability. What have you learned from that experience? How can your school district or community improve in helping other students with disabilities?
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be accepted and enrolled at an accredited college/university/technology program within New York State.
- Have a mental/behavioral health challenge and that can be confirmed by a qualified person (medical professional, therapist or school counselor)
- Have Parental/Legal guardian approval if the student is a minor.
- Meet Income requirements - Total household income must not exceed US $100,000 per year.
- Merit requirements - minimum yearly school average must be 85% or higher.
- Current enrollment in high school and in good standing with the school.
- Minimum overall GPA for both junior and senior year must be 85% or higher.
- Current enrollment in high school with good standing and no disciplinary referrals.
- IEP/504 not necessary for criteria.
- More information and the application can be found at: https://www.elias-foundation.org/scholaship
The application, essay and school counselor cover letter are to be submitted by the District in one email to email@example.com
Deadline: March 31, 2022