I hope all is well. In November 2020, Governor Cuomo issued an Executive Order (205.2) regarding travel. Therefore, as we enter the Mid-Winter Recess, we wanted to take a moment and remind everyone of those guidelines. Please remember that the NYS guidelines and procedures are continuously changing, so please be sure to visit the state website, prior to leaving New York, for the most current information.
The November Executive Order allows people who travel outside of New York to be released from quarantine in less than 10 days if they meet certain testing criteria. The current restrictions apply to people who travel to a restricted state beyond the Border States (NJ, CT, PA, MA, VT) for more than 24 hours. That being said, NYS highly discourages, to the extent practical, non-essential travel between Connecticut, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Vermont, and Pennsylvania while they meet the travel advisory criteria:
· Travelers must obtain a test within 72 hours of departure from that state.
· The traveler must, upon arrival in New York, quarantine for three days.
· On day 4 of quarantine, the traveler must obtain another COVID test. If both tests come back negative, the traveler may exit quarantine early, upon receipt of the second negative diagnostic test.
· If a person does not obtain a test pre-departure and post arrival home, then he/she must quarantine the full 10 days.
If you or your family members have plans to travel during the upcoming February break (February 15 – February 19. 2021), please check the list of states on the NYS Travel Advisory List, as well as for International Travel. The list is typically updated each Tuesday. NYS COVID-19 Travel Advisory information can be found here:
To help protect the health and safety of all, we respectfully request for your continued cooperation in adhering to these guidelines. Below are some Frequently Asked Questions that we hope answer some of your questions:
· Where can we travel? According to the most recent Executive Order, ALL states non-contiguous to NY are now on the Restricted Travel list as established by New York State’s criteria. In addition, many countries around the globe are restricted travel destinations by NYS.
· What if we already booked travel to an unrestricted location and the location then becomes added to the Restricted List? Regardless of when travel is booked, when you leave, if that location is restricted, and you are there for more than 24 hours, you are subject to quarantine.
· What if a location becomes “Restricted” while you are there? If you are in that location at the time of its designation as a “Restricted Location,” and remain there for more than 24 hours after it is designated as such, you will be subject to quarantine.
We understand that this has not been easy on any of us. We truly understand that COVID-19 has brought forth many challenges that require all of us to make personal sacrifices for the welfare of the community as a whole.
Thank you for all of your patience, flexibility, and understanding. Our goal is to limit the District’s exposure to COVID-19, which will keep us in school, so that we can educate the students in-person to the greatest extent possible. As always, please do not hesitate to reach out to me with any questions you may have.
Principal/Director of Physical Education
2685 Montauk Highway
PO Box 3021
Bridgehampton, NY 11932
Ph: 631-998-1300 x1399